Please pardon our mess as this blog is undergoing a makeover!

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Microsoft Store at the Mall of America

Last week I had the privilege of attending a mini class at the Microsoft Store at the Mall of America.  A few bloggers (including myself) got a look at Windows 8 and the new Microsoft Surface tablet.  It was very informative and a ton of fun.
I'll start off by saying that the commercials for the Surface do NOT do it justice!  To be honest, I was a bit confused by the Surface at first and Windows 8 didn't make it any better.  After a bit of hands-on playing with the tablet and a tutorial on how Windows 8 works, I am in love!
In my opinion, the Surface blows the competition out of the water as far as functionality goes.  It's got a mini HDMI port for HD output, a USB port, and a microSD­™ card slot to expand memory.  It's biggest competitor doesn't have all three of those and neither does my current tablet.  The Surface tablet itself is super durable and the keyboard accessory (once clicked onto it) completes a perfect "case" for it.  Being completely set up for windows makes this a computer in a tablet size.  Pay a little more for the Pro and you can upload 3rd party software such as Quicken!  The only disadvantage I see to the Surface is that there are not currently as many apps for Microsoft as their are for Andriod or Apple.
As far as the Microsoft store at the Mall of America goes, this place is awesome!  In fact, we're hoping to have a gathering their for our readers and their kids in the near future!  In the first photo is their theater area in the back of the store.  They host all kinds of gatherings back there.
Did you know they will host birthday parties for FREE!?  Gather all you child's friends and play Xbox or Kinect on their HUGE 103 in touch screen!  They also hold FREE camps for kids!  Check out MicrosoftStore.com/Bloomington for more details.  Hurry!  Programs start in June!!
The other really cool thing about the Microsoft Store in the MOA is that they can print Skinit right in the store!  Yes, they have their own Skinit printer.  No waiting for shipping, just wait 15 minutes for printing!  See how cute mine turned out?!  I think I'll make another one to advertise Toys In The Dryer when I'm at the coffee shop or at a conference.

What are you waiting for?  Go head on over to the Microsoft Store at the MOA, check it out, and check out the Surface while you're at it!  What about trying out a FREE camp or birthday party??

I was NOT asked to blog about the Surface or the Microsoft Store.  I am simply doing it because I was impressed.  I received my Skinit for free as well as a swag bag at the event however these did not affect my opinion.  The opinions expressed are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment