Please pardon our mess as this blog is undergoing a makeover!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Macy's Holiday Makeover Event Recap

A few weeks ago we had the fabulous opportunity to co-host a Macy's Holiday Makeover Event with Macy's Southdale and Stacie Sayz So.  We had an awesome turn-out and fun was had by all!  Unfortunately, Lindsi's son fell and hit his head right before the event so she spent the evening in the ER with him getting stitches.  He was ok, but she was totally bummed (and so were Stacie and I) that she missed the event!
Photobucket
Attendees of the Macy's Holiday Makeover Event were treated to 5 minute makeovers where they learned quick ways to do their makeup during the busy Holiday season.  In addition, Blvgari Fragrances provided a mini workshop on finding your perfect fragrance.  Mine happened to be the Jasmin Noir (which my husband also liked when I got home).
Photobucket
Here I am getting my make up done at the Estee Lauder counter.  It was so fun to be treated like a queen and to learn what I'm doing right (and wrong) with my make up.
Photobucket
While attendees waited for their makeovers, they snacked on mini deserts (those little pie things were YUMMY!), socialized, and listened to music provided by a DJ.  It was perfect for a girls night out!
Photobucket
After their 5 minute makeovers, guests were given the opportunity to get a professional head shot.  Above is me, Stacie, and the two winners of our walking model contest, Beth and Pam.  Aren't they all beautiful?!
I must say, this event was just as much fun to host as it was to attend!  I can't wait till we can host another one!  Thanks so much to Hannah, the cosmetics manager at Macy's Southdale, for giving us the opportunity to co-host the Macy's Holiday Makeover Event!
Photobucket
On a related note, I wanted to do something a little extra special for the hosts and winners to make them stand out from the crowd.  I sent out a tweet asking if any flower shops in the Cities would be willing to make 6 corsages in exchange for social media shout-outs.  Sweet Peas Floral in Woodbury jumped at the opportunity as they are just starting to branch out into the social media world.  They made these beautiful corsages for us to wear (see mine on my shirt and Hannah's on her wrist in the top photo).  Thanks so much Sweet Peas!  

Please check them out on their website, Facebook, and Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment