Please pardon our mess as this blog is undergoing a makeover!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Melaleuca Products- tough and safe

When we were contacted by Carol to try Melaleuca  products I will say this, I thought "well, just another safe, eco-friendly company with their products." This was until I received the box in the mail! I have always been a fan of safe(r) products, green(er) products, eco-friendly(ier) products but quite a few fall short of my standards. (No, not all-I have some amazing "go-to" products that you would never be able to remove from my closet! It has taken a great deal of searching for me to find cleaning products that meet my standards. Melaleuca is a direct sales company founded in 1985, one of the world leaders in quality wellness products.


My standards:
Safe for pets and kids
Green(er)
No-harsh fumes
and the MUST- they must work!

This past weekend was "clean the bathrooms" weekend and I got the chance to test out Melaleuca's Ecosense Tub and Tile Bathroom Cleaner as well as the Tough and Tender Cleaning Wipes. I mixed the Tub and Tile cleaner according to the directions and sprayed it on my clear glass shower doors and waited a few minutes to see if any magic occurred. We don't have terribly hard water but the people that lived here before us must not have been bothered by water stains, calcium build up and lime scale because our glass shower doors showed it. I tried quite a few green and eco friendly products to get the doors sparkling but I will say I resorted to a well known, non-green brand because it did the job I needed. After a few minutes I hopped back in the shower and took my tub scrubber and gently rubbed the glass down and then grabbed a glass and rinsed away the Tub and Tile cleaner. To my surprise and astonishment my glass doors were completely clear and free of water spots. Score 1 for Melaleuca! The only negative I would give about their Tub and Tile cleaner is that it does tend to have a more harsh and strong odor (I started coughing in the shower when I sprayed it on the doors.) But after a crack of the window and a flip of the fan switch I was able to breathe without a care and I will say that it is worth it because my shower doors are SO pretty now!

I finished wiping down the counters, sink, toilet and bench in my bathroom with the Tough and Tender Cleaning Wipes and they worked fantastic too! I am not a fan of wearing rubber gloves when cleaning (my hands get too sweaty) so my hands usually feel like sandpaper when I am done cleaning the bathroom. Not this time! These cleaning wipes were exactly as they said: Safer for your home, highly effective, powered by nature, eco-friendly and a better value. They didn't leave a streaky mess behind either! Score 2 for Melaleuca!

Carol was sweet enough to send a few other products along with the samples! She supplied me my hubby with a Attain nutrition bar in Chocolate Caramel Nut flavor and Sweet and Salty Nut flavor. He also gave a good test run with the On The Go Sustain Sport-Ruby Red Grapefruit performance hydration drink. Why didn't I try them? Well, if I am being honest (and I always am) I don't exercise (insert jaw drop here). And, I know my husband has a REALLY hard to please palate. Well the verdict was in... Score 3 for Melaleuca! He said the Attain bars were awesome! He loves the Sustain sport drink too! He said they didn't have a "diet" taste to them and he really liked that! These products contain no High Fructose Corn Syrup and are low in carbs (which is amazing if you are a diabetic!)

So what is the final score? Ahhhhmazing products! Thanks so much Carol for introducing us to Melaleuca and their products! We hope that all of you will take some time and visit her site by clicking on her ad on the side bar.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Carol of Melaleuca. The opinions and text are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment